Advantages of Sod
- Instant Transformation
- Saves time, hard work, and frustration
- Immediate erosion control
- Less susceptible to weeds than grass seed
- Less watering requirements than grass seed
- Ready for mowing and recreational activity 2-3 weeks after installation
- Save more in the long run
- Apply at least one inch of water to sod within a half hour of laying it down.
- For the following 2 weeks keep turf below sod moist watering at least ¼ inch, once a day or more.
- Water uniformly, being sure not to miss corners or edges.
- Water in early morning to take advantage of grasses daily growing cycle as well as avoiding fungus development that can be caused by watering at night.
- For the rest of the season, the lawn will need about one inch per week, either from rain or manually.
- Deep watering (about 1 inch) once a week is preferred over frequent shallow watering. Deep waterings promote deep roots.
- One inch watering per week is a “rule of thumb” but this may vary between different types of soil, wind, and sun conditions
- Understand the differences between sprinkler designs and select according to your needs.
- Account for seasonal changes in watering requirements with in-ground watering systems